Cheat Mode is a debug mode in the Jak 1, 2 and 3. It is very helpful for exploration and testing. It was discovered in 2018 by Luminar Light by accident when playing The Precursor Legacy. More information about Cheat Mode and Debug Mode can be found on Luminar's wiki.
How to enable Cheat Mode
Cheat Mode can be enabled at any time in the game by performing two sequences of inputs. Those sequences are the same for all of the 3 games. The first sequence enable a basic Cheat Mode with not all the features. The second must be performed after enabling base Cheat Mode, and gives access to all of Cheat Mode's features. There is also a "full" sequence that allows to enable all 2 debug modes in a single sequence, although it's not very used due to being simply too hard compared to performing the two separate sequences.
Note that for the sequences below, Up/Down/Right/Left refers to the Directional Pad, not any of the analog sticks.
- First sequence: Hold L3 and then press Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Cross, Cross, Square, Circle, Square, Circle.
- Second sequence: Hold L3 and then press Circle, Square, Circle, Square, Cross, Cross, Right, Left, Right, Left, Down, Down, Up, Up.
- "Full" sequence: Hold L3 and then press Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Cross, Cross, Square, Circle, Square, Circle, Square, Circle, Square, Cross, Cross, Right, Left, Right, Left, Down, Down, Up, Up.
If you hear a sound at the end of the sequence, you performed it correctly. Moving the left stick while holding down L3 will invalidate the code. If you have trouble performing the code, try doing it in the pause menu.
Information in this section is taken from https://jadtech.miraheze.org/wiki/Cheat_Mode but most of it it has been rewritten for various reasons, including better explanation. Please go there if the information on this page is outdated (for example new cheat mode functions being discovered).
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor's Legacy
- R2: Ascend until you release the button.
- R2 when taking damage: Restore 1 health. Also works during death animation.
- L1+R1+L2+R2: Enter free camera mode. Press again to quit camera mode.
- L1+R1 on the power cell screen of the pause menu: Gain that power cell. It will not be removed from the world and will still be collectable.
- Dpad Up+Dpad Left and then Select: Restart the game. If done during free camera mode, it will clear your game state without restarting the game.
- L3+Circle near a warp gate when "PRESS ◎ TO USE" appears: Unlock all warp locations.
- L3 on a transpad: Spawn the Zoomer or the FlutFlut that should be normally on that transpad.
- Hold L3 on the fisherman's boat or the gondola: Allow to use the fisherman's boat or the gondola without having unlocked them.
- Hold L3 on the power cell screen of the pause menu: Displays death counter ("fcd: X")
- Triangle during the credits: Skip credits.
- Triangle/Hold R3 on the second controller: Displays debug text. Triangle toggles it on/off, while R3 displays it until you release R3.
- Cross on the second controller during Boggy Billy's minigame: Win the minigame.
- Hold R3 on the second controller during Dark Eco Plant's bossfight: Force the boss to go into it's vulnerable state until.
Jak II: Renegade